Trunk or Treat
Bring your superheros, princesses, monsters, and other costumed trick-or-treaters and join us for Valley Real Life's Trunk-or-Treat on Halloween night, 6:30-8:00pm at our Barker and Otis campus parking lots and at Freeman High School! We'll have decked out trunks filled with free candy to give out to all our trick-or-treaters! The Barker campus will have prizes for best superhero, homemade, monster or Bible character costumes at 7:30pm. Everyone is inivited to this free and safe event!
SERVING OPPORTUNITY - REGISTER HERE
VRL Family, if you want to volunteer or reserve a parking spot for your trunk, this is the place to sign up! All volunteers are asked to be at the church on October 31st by 5:00 pm. Children will be arriving in costumes at 6:30 pm. Be prepared with LOTS of pre-wrapped candy!
The following are steps to help you get started if you would like to host a trunk or treat car.
• Step 1: As a family or group, choose the car you are going to decorate.
• Step 2: Choose a theme (sports, fishing, time periods (the 50’s), places (farm, jungle, zoo), Disney, kids’ movie themes (the Wizard of OZ), or vacation destinations (Hawaiian Luau), etc…)
• Step 3: Consider (but not mandatory) adding a game component for kids to play (bean bag toss, football throw, fishing game, duck pond, etc.)
• Step 4: Consider (but not mandatory) dressing up to match your car theme.
• Step 5: Be prepared with lots of candy!
• Step 6: Be at the VRL parking lot at 5:00 pm on October 31 for this great outreach event!
In addition to hosting a trunk, we need additional individuals to assist with parking, security, and to help people navigate. We also need plenty of candy donations so please bring candy to the KidMin check-in area on Thursdays or Sundays or anytime during the week during office hours Monday-Thursday from 9am-4pm.